Monday, June 23, 2008

Potty Training HELL!

When Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden of Eden and Eve was cursed with the pain of child birth, I think God also cursed Eve with the terror of potty training. Coen(he is 2 1/2 now) has started to some show interest in potty training... ok, very, very little interest, but I jumped at the first glimmer of curiosity. I bought big boy undies, a big boy potty, a potty chart(with Cars stickers). Coen actually WANTS to sit on the potty...like every five minutes. I think he's confused about the process, that or he's humoring me. He uses the potty(in his diaper) and then strips down and gets on the potty. I've lost count of the number of diapers we've gone through today. He hates the undies, the potty, and I think he's been mocking my sticker chart. I'm giving up on potty training because I'm just not patient enough. I'm just going to wait until he starts begging to use the big boy potty and then he can have at it. There is no persuading Coen; he will decide when he's ready.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I am right there with you sis. The mocking. The total disintrest until they have actually gone. Yep. It's hell ;)

Ellie said...

MOCKING the sticker chart. I love it.