Monday, March 10, 2008

MINE!

At two years of age, did I think EVERYTHING was mine? Probably. My son sure does think so. Gum. He has had 5 peices of gum today and every single piece was swallowed by my terrible two year old. Am I a bad person to refuse my precious little angel another piece? I do not think so, but he sure believes it! He patiently, then violently explains to me that the gum is his. I think he forgot about the part where he stole it out of my purse this morning. No he didn't forget, it doesn't matter because everything Coen wants somehow becomes his. And there is another on the way...
What was I thinking? I was thinking of the sweet little boy who climbs into bed with me everynight; the little boy who insist on sharing his snack with me(whether I want it or not); the little boy who reaches for my hand everytime we pray. That is a little bit of why I want another child. I just need to remind myself of that for the next few years.

No comments: