Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Family Time

Today was pretty chilly, so it actually seems like fall. We had a fire in our fireplace tonight for the first time since we've moved to this house. I made chicken and dumplings for dinner and caramel apples for dessert. I don't know what came over me, I just had to urge to cook something that doesn't involve the microwave. We carved our pumpkin and watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. Coen and I worked on his costume until it became too messy. This is the first year Coen has been excited about holidays. He started talking about Halloween 2 months ago and already has his Christmas list memorized. Tonight made me forget the stressful day I had. i'm so glad we had the opportunity to have QUALITY family time. So many times we put things ahead of our family time. I am notorious for not being able to say no, but I've been working on that. I love my kids and my husband so much. Tonight really reminded me of that.

5 comments:

Christy said...

you made caramel apples?!?!?!

you so rock.

Ellie said...

Did your dumplings turn out ok? I used to have a problem with mine till I switched to tortilla strips.

Amy said...

The dumpling turned out really good! It probably helped that they were the frozen kind you buy at the store.

Ellie said...

My dumplings always ended up as floury soup. I don't know what I did wrong. I even followed Mama's recipe several times and still could not make them right.

Amy said...

Yeah well that's why I use frozen dumplings. My previous attempts have not turned out so well. This is the first batch of chicken and dumpling I made myself that was edible.