Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Life?

I just want to scream!!! I am so tired of messes, and whining, and crying, and poop. Right now, I wish I could have a job that didn't involve diapers, or formula, or Dora. I know I'm lucky to be able to stay at home, but I don't feel lucky. I feel trapped. I feel annoyed and alone. I have no outlet, no free time, NO adult conversation. I have a screaming baby and a whiny toddler. I just want to sleep 8 hrs without feeling guilty for asking my husband to help. I want a nanny and a housekeeper. Stopping time would be nice. Then I might actually get something done. I HATE being in this house all day. I want to put my children in daycare and go to work somewhere. Then I feel guilty for wanting that, when some people want to be at home with their children, but can't. Peace, that would be wonderful. An hour to myself so I could read my bible, have prayer time, sleep, read a book... I would pout and whine about it for hours if Adeline wasn't screaming again.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

It has been said that the hardest job is the one at home with small children. I think it is true. Sometimes the easy way out is to work away from home. But even for those Mom's that work outside the home, those cries for attention made more frantic by her absence are waiting for her when she gets home. So are the diapers ........

Christy said...

I love you and am praying for you. I promise you it DOES get better and it will very soon. I PROMISE.

When Layton was under three months and Laura Grace was two I thought I was going to lose my mind. And then, suddenly, he stopped screaming. And Laura Grace stopped whining.

And I have peace again.

It will happen again and then you will be like me, wanting the unpeaceful all over again ;)

Call me if you need to vent, I will gladly listen!!!