Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Snot, Naps, Cousins, & Other Random Topics

Nap time has become work. It has never been easy, but now it is like a 3 or 4 hour ordeal. Sometimes it doesn't feel worth it. In the past, I looked forward to naps, and I still do, but the napping never really happens. Coen just sneaks around, and screams at me, and demands books and tv and toys and even Adeline(if he is especially desperate). A few months ago I was able to take naps...but no more. I miss my naps. I miss Coen's naps.

Coen has had a runny nose. The boy hates using a tissue, so he runs from me as snot flies everywhere. I love fall, I really do! It is one of my favorite seasons, but fall also means the start of cold and flu season. Coen is still dealing with pollen (ragweed)allergies, and the constant runny noses, coughs, fevers, grouchiness are just around the corner. Coen always gets a flu shot,(I hope it helps this year) but I really wish they made a cold shot. That would make my life so much easier this fall/winter.

Oh, Regina offered to watch Coen and Adeline tonight so that Justin and I can go to bible study. I am so excited because we haven't been since they took a break for the summer...which I think was May. James always does such a good job making me understand Gods word, the way God intended it to be understood; literally. Coen, Adeline, and I were planning on going over to Regina's this afternoon, but Coen was just too cranky(lack of nap).

My family is finally going up to my sister Christy's on Saturday! My sister has yet to meet Adeline, and its been forever since we've been able to get together. Christy is my older sister who is one of my best friends. This was not always the case. Growing up we seldom got along. My other sister, Brittany and I were pretty evil. We would "borrow" Christy's clothes, listen to her CDs, and bug her when she was with her friends.(Sorry about that Christy) There is a 5 year age difference which seems to shrink as we get older. We are at the same stage is our lives, so that has brought us closer together. I know we'll have a great time this weekend. We have a lot of talking to catch up on.

Our sons are the same age(two months difference), so they have a blast together. I hope as they grow older they continue to be great friends. I have one cousin my age, that I actually saw more than once or twice. She actually was 19 months older than me, and happens to be Brittany's exact age. So when we got together, Brittany and her were best buds, and I was the little sister they were mean to... Totally random rant, I know! what I'm getting at is; I'm glad Coen has a buddy in the family.

They are so funny when they play together. Coen, Layton, and Trey(the other cousin buddy) run from one end one the house to the other, screaming. Sounds annoying, but most of the time, I'm just glad they are having fun together.

I've been especially random, but It feels nice being able to type without Adeline or Coen demanding my attention. And,I think Coen has finally fallen asleep. That only took 2 hours. and now I hear Adeline waking up. Perfect timing.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

I love your pictures! I am sorry Coen is not taking naps. At least maybe he will play in his room with the door shut so that you can nap.