Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hamburger Helper...

So I cooked Hamburger Helper for dinner last night. It was quick and easy and I thought it tasted pretty good. It's not gourmet or anything, but its decent enough. Well Coen took one look at his plate and yelled "EWWWWWW! Yuck! That's gross!" I just rolled my eyes and told him to eat his dinner. I told him it tasted like mac n cheese(his favorite food)but he wasn't buying it. He told me he was done. At this point he hadn't even tasted it. Well Justin told him he had to eat a few bite before he left the table. I told him he couldn't read any books or watch any TV until he ate some of his food. Justin told him he would go straight to bed if he didn't eat his food right then. Well Coen picked up a noodle and stuck it in his mouth and proceeded to gag. He sat there and almost made himself vomit. Well neither of us believed that the hamburger helper was that disgusting so we made him keep trying. Every bite he took, he gagged and spit his food out. Finally after a threat of no bath time he ate 1 noodle and a few bites of corn. Needless to say he went to bed right after bath. Where did my child learn this dramatic behavior? Probably Sponge Bob.

5 comments:

Christy said...

YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just described nearly every meal with Layton...have him and Coen talked lately? IS IT A CONSPIRACY!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! My name is Katrice and I know your sister. I clicked over when she announced that you were blogging. I saw your last name and the LSU shirt...I have to ask...is your husband from LA? I grew up in Opelousas/Lafayette and our family still lives there and Baton Rouge. Just thought I would be nosey!

Amy said...

Hey Katrice! And yes my husband is from LA. He grew up in Oakdale, near Alexandria. He went to LSU and he has family down there too! Let me guess, Fontenot gave it away!

Anonymous said...

Well my maiden name is Gaudet! ha! I graduated from Louisiana College in Pineville - i know alexandria all too well!;)

Amy said...

My brother-in-law Kirk went to LC! I think he graduated in 2000. Its so good to meet you Katrice!