Saturday, July 12, 2008

Official Swim Club Member!

Coen "graduated" from swim lessons this morning. All of the kids who have been taking lessons and their families were there(about 25 people). Coen was a little overwhelmed. He refused to show Justin anything he learned, in fact he refused to get in the pool. He finally let Justin take him to the edge of the pool so they could put their feet in. From there he demonstrated his kicking abilities for Justin. We'll have to keep working on the whole getting in the water thing, but Coen is an official member of the Scoggins Swim Club. He was very proud of his certificate. Totally off subject, but as we were leaving I was fixing a drink and knocked over someones can of soda, which spilled onto a envelope of certificates. I wiped up the certificates the best I could and gave them to one of the swim helpers(Cellie, the instructor was in the pool) and she looked at me like I was a monster. I felt like one. I just kind of turned and left. I didn't know what else to do. Why am I so socially ackward?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh no!!!

Your not socially awkward, everyone makes mistakes. That woman was just RUDE!!!!!

Ellie said...

I agree that woman was rude.