Thursday, July 3, 2008

One Month and Counting!

One month from tomorrow(July 4th), Adeline will FINALLY be here! My c-section is scheduled for August 4th at 7:30am and I am so ready to meet her!
My sweet friends came over this week to help me put baby furniture together. It took all three of us to accomplish the task. Regina and her kids got to my house at 10:20 and we took the changing table out of its box and stared at it for a while. At 11:15 when Allison arrived we had organized the millions of pieces. Allison helped us pick up the pace and by 11:45 had most of the changing table put together. It was really complicated! At that point the kids were getting hungry and cranky so we took a McDonald's break. Not exactly relaxing, but the kids loved it. After lunch, sweet Regina took the 3 older kids(Coen 2yrs, Caleb 2yrs, Addyson 4yrs) to the park and to get snow cones. Regina is Wonder Woman. Allison and I took Reginas' baby Hallye inside my house to nap while we finished putting the changing table together.
I want to take a moment to say that the instructions for the changing table clearly said NOT to use a power drill, so we didn't. When we put the drawers together we couldn't get some of the screws to tighten. We tried over and over again but it was not happening. Allison and I were convinced the pieces were defective. So we got everything together except the drawers and then ran into a similar problem with the crib. We called it quits at 4:30 after we had to undo and redo all the work we had done on the crib. Assembly is hard work! Justin came home that night, grabbed a POWER DRILL and finished it in like 2 minutes. Show Off.
Back to my friends, Regina and Allison, they are so wonderful! Without them I would still be procrastinating. I love having friends! That sounds so weird, but after I got married I lost a lot of my friends. Mostly my fault. My priorities shifted and my life was crazy. When I was pregnant with Coen, I felt very isolated. I stayed at home(didn't work outside the home) half of my pregnancy and we stopped going to our church, and I cut myself off. I really regret that now, but it makes me so much more aware of how lucky I am to be surrounded by friends and family now. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I have now are incredibly kind, smart, fun, supportive, and just all around good people.
For example, Regina asked me back in March if she could throw me a baby shower. She didn't even have to offer since most people think showers for second babies are bad etiquette. She planned the entire thing, sent out invitations, made a beautiful cake, and made me an adorable gift along with helping buy a high chair. A few of my other friends helped host and it all meant so much to me. I have the best friends in the world!
So I have rambled all over the place and probably used horrible grammar, but I think I got my point across, which is, I have phenomenal friends! I hope I can be there for them like they have for me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am so happy for you!!!

That is what I miss about Jackson and what is so hard about starting over in a new place!

I can't wait to meet Adeline :)